Register Now to Compete in the 2019 Caterpillar Operator Challenge!
The Caterpillar Global Operator Challenge has come to North America. Are you the next Global Operator of the Year?
It’s time to put your skills to the ultimate test. The Caterpillar Operator Challenge is back, bigger than ever. Compete at our local event for the chance to represent Ohio Cat at the Caterpillar Operator Challenge Regional competition. Contestants will be tested on their speed and skill on a Cat Mini Excavator.
How does it work?
- Register here to apply for the Ohio Cat Challenge on Wednesday, July 17th at the Farm Science Review Grounds in London, Ohio.
- One winner from the Ohio Cat event will advance to the regional contest in Clayton, North Carolina to compete with winners from other U.S. Cat dealers.
- The winner from the United States will travel to compete in the finals against representatives from 23 countries to be named the 2019 Operator Challenge winner!
- Interested in watching the event and learning more about the Cat Next Generation of Mini Excavators? Register to be a spectator at the event!
The Competition: Mini Masters
RULES AND PROCEDURES:
A Cat Mini Excavator will be set up with a thumb and bucket. Surrounding it will be 3 balls set atop cones on one side, and 3 buckets on the other.
The object will be to pick up each ball using the thumb and bucket, and then place it into a container on the opposite side. Points will be awarded for the ball picked up, and which bucket it is dropped into. Time will also be recorded as the tie-breaker for those tallying the same score.
- 5 points for picking up golf ball
- 3 points for picking up softball
- 1 point for picking up chuckit ball
- 5 points for dropping ball into 1 gallon bucket
- For chuckit ball placing it on top
- 3 points for dropping ball into 5 gallon bucket
- 1 point for dropping ball into drum
- Participants must reside or work in Ohio Cat territory are eligible to represent Ohio Cat.
- Can only attempt one of each ball –max points: 24
- In case of tie total time will be tie breaker
- Three minutes maximum time to complete
- One only attempt per operator
- Must be 18 or over
- Tracks must not move
- Knocking cone or bucket over causes a loss of 2 points
*Ohio Cat reserves the right to alter rules and procedures up until the day of the event. Decisions of Ohio Cat officials are final.