Cat B6 Hammer
Designed for “plug-and-play” operation with a range of compact equipment and while delivering optimum life-cycle value, the Cat® B6 Hammers are suited for skid steer loaders, multi-terrain loaders, compact track loaders, mini hydraulic excavators (3- to 8-ton operating weights), and backhoe loaders working in a range of construction and light-demolition applications, including site prep, landscaping, masonry, and concrete breaking. As a package solution, the matching Caterpillar-designed hydraulic kits are also offered and the best fit for Cat machines, providing customers a breaker package with superior design and benefits, to ensure reliability, versatility, ease-of-use, and maintenance.
SILENCED VS NON-SILENCED
The B6 hydraulic hammers, are available in silenced (B6S) and non-silenced (B6) versions. Silenced hammers fully enclose and isolation mount the power cell between urethane and nylon buffers, limiting noise and damping vibration to the hammer and machine. Non-silenced hammers rigidly mount the power cell between two metal frames. This open configuration allows better access for serviceability.
- DESIGN: Simple, reliable, industry-standard modular design with two moving parts in the piston and valve. Flat-top mounting enables compact working envelope and compatibility with a full complement of brackets to suit preference of coupler, linkage kinematics, or machine size.
- FIELD SERVICE: Bushings are field-replaceable, and lower bushing can be rotated 90 degrees for improved wear performance. Housings are designed to facilitate common maintenance items. Grease fitting and gas pressure check point are easily accessed with hammer on machine.
- GAS OPERATION: Gas-fired operation cycle delivers consistent, long-term high production.
- MAJOR COMPONENTS: Cylinder, back-head, front-head, piston, and tool are manufactured with high – quality materials and processes.
- HOUSING: Heavy-duty housing construction protects against breakage and wear.
- PISTON: Piston transfers long shock waves into material; piston diameters are matched for maximum energy transfer; piston design and surface finish provide superior oil retention and seal life.
- OIL-CONTROL VALVE: Inward-type oil-control valve has high structural integrity and low failure rate.