Important VisionLink® Update
VISIONLINK® ACCOUNTS TRANSITIONING TO SINGLE SIGN-ON
Caterpillar® recently announced that they will be converting VisionLink sign-in credentials to a Caterpillar applications username, which will be a single sign-on authenticated by the Cat® Corporate Web Security (CWS) system. Your converted credentials are protected with enhanced security protocols for authentication and authorization, and will provide easier access to VisionLink and other Cat applications.
ACTION REQUIRED – All VisionLink users will need to change their Cat applications username starting on August 27, 2021
VisionLink sign-in credentials must be converted by November 30, 2021
HOW TO USE YOUR NEW SINGLE SIGN-ON
Refer to the three step guide below to learn how to create your new Single Sign-On (SSO) username:
1. Sign in to any VisionLink® application, navigate to your account, and create new SSO username.
2. Ensure each user receives a VisionLink® user account verification email.
3. Update your bookmarked login page.
Watch a tutorial | Download New User Workflow
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What is changing, and why?: The process of creating new VisionLink user accounts is changing. Here’s why:
- We are transitioning VisionLink users to CWS (Cat Corporate Web Security) authentication from TID (Trimble Identity) authentication.
- VisionLink Administrators must add new VisionLink users to their organization’s accounts as SSO users with Caterpillar usernames.
Q: How does this affect me?: If you access VisionLink applications today, your sign-in credentials will need to be converted.
Q: How does this change what I do in VisionLink?:
- You will sign in to VisionLink using the Cat login screen.
- You will see /cat added to the end of each VisionLink URL (for example, https://unifiedfleet.myvisionlink.com/cat).
- How you work in VisionLink will not change. Your VisionLink assets, preferences, permission levels, notifications, reports, etc., will be intact and unaffected by the conversion.
Q: What do I need to do?: Watch the brief tutorial video before you begin. Then, sign into VisionLink Administrator, navigate to the account, and create an SSO user.
- Starting August 27, 2021, when you log in to VisionLink, we will walk you through the conversion process. It should take just minutes and minimal effort on your part to convert your credentials.
before you can save the SSO user account.
- Save your CWS ID credentials because you will use them to access VisionLink after the conversion.
- Look for the email confirming the successful conversion.
- If you use bookmarks to access VisionLink, you will need to update them by adding /cat to the end of each URL.
Q: What if I don’t have a CWS username?: Customer users without a CWS username can contact the dealer admin and request a username. Please contact Shelly Dalzell with the Ohio CAT DBS team at 440-838-7401 or email@example.com to receive a log in.
Q: When will this be in effect?: New VisionLink user accounts will be created as SSO user accounts starting on August 27, 2021, and usernames must be converted by the deadline of November 30, 2021.
IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CONTACT SHELLY DALZELL OF THE OHIO CAT DBS TEAM: