The Cat® PL161 Locator Device
TRACK AND MONITOR YOUR MACHINE ATTACHMENTS AND ASSETS
The PL161 locator is the most advanced OEM integrated technology solution for attachment tracking. With the ability to track location and utilization, users can know where their attachments are across all worksites, reduce the number of lost attachments, and plan for attachment maintenance and replacement. The locator device can be used on attachments and non-powered assets as an affordable option for last known location tracking, and it integrates easily into users’ operation for full fleet management of machines and attachments from one dashboard on a smartphone or a tablet. The PL161 locator is a customer installable device that supports operation in harsh environments. The compact design of the locator makes it compatible for a wide range of assets without interfering with the work they are doing. Bluetooth range is up to 30 meters (100 feet), depending on the environment and any obstructions. The device is battery powered with an estimated life of 2 years. The locator device is designed to be used with the Cat App and with other PL Series scanning devices installed on Next Generation excavators and retrofit kits are available for older machines. When using the Cat App within range of the PL161 locator device, the location will be logged automatically. This system leverages cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity through the user’s own smartphone or tablet to transmit data to the VisionLink® and My.Cat.com applications. Purchase of the PL161 locator comes with a subscription to VisionLink for the life of the device.
ABOUT THE PL161 LOCATOR DEVICE
View the location of attachments across multiple work sites, and reduce the number of lost attachments. Track the working hours per attachment to help predict the need for tool maintenance or replacement of wear parts. The PL161 can be easily mounted to any asset brand or type with physical specifications as compact as 1.85″ W x 2.24″ L x 0.71″ H and as lightweight as 3 oz. The locator device integrates with Cat mobile and online applications to view location and tracking details.
- View the location of your attachments across multiple work sites in one dashboard.
- Reduce misplacement or theft of attachments by setting up site boundaries.
- Track working hours per attachment to help predict the need for replacement wear parts or to replace the attachment itself.
- PL161 can be mounted to any asset brand or type.
- The PL161’s compact size allows you to collect data about your attachment without interfering with the work it is doing.
- View tracking through your smartphone with Cat App or online through My.Cat.com.
- View your attachments alongside your machines for full fleet management in VisionLink® with two years of connectivity included with your device.
- Designed to be extremely rugged and maintenance-free to allow for installation in locations on assets that are exposed to harsh work environments.
- Battery powered for up to two years, and communicates via Bluetooth® low energy technology.
- The PL161’s firmware is pre-configured and installed.
- Compatible with most smart devices that have Bluetooth 4.0 or later and is available for download from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
HOW IT WORKS WITH THE CAT APP:
- The Cat App will scan for PL161 modules within range, using the Bluetooth technology on your mobile device.
- Cat App will capture the GPS location of your mobile device.
- Cat App will send location updates accessible in VisionLink or online through My.Cat.com, using cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity.
HOW IT WORKS WITH YOUR MACHINE:
- PL161 sends a signal to the Bluetooth receiver (PL542 or Bluetooth Transceiver) on the machine.
- Location updates are sent to the VisionLink and My.Cat.Com applications, using cellular and satellite connectivity for full fleet management capability.